Friday, March 4, 2011

Logan Michael is here!!

Ok! He's been here for a little over a week but did you really think I'd have a post right away!! I've actually tried to sit down many times to get something together but things have happened! Logan was born Wednesday, February 23, 2011 at 11:25 weighing 7 pounds 15.8 ounces. YES, .2 ounces shy of 8 pounds. How did I have an 8 pound baby!!! He was 20 inches long.

Wednesday morning I got woke up about 1:30 am with a contraction. I had gone to the doctor Tuesday afternoon and was almost at a 2. I had been having really really weak contractions throughout the day. I had another contraction around 2 am and they were about 30 minutes apart until about 5am. I actually didn't know if that's what they were. They didn't feel like menstrual cramps like alot of women say. They burned! Mike got up at 4:30 to get ready for work and I had told him that I had been having some contractions so he decided not to go in. Thank goodness! Around 6 they were about 15-18 minutes apart. Mike decided he'd get in the shower and then I did the same. Afterwards, we unloaded the dishwasher and did a load of laundry! I ate a couple pieces of toast and then was straightening my hair around 7-7:30. They were then under 10 mintues apart! Mike then made the command decision to load up the car and head to the hospital. I wasn't quite ready because the contractions were so sporadic. Not consistenet at all. I called mom and she came over and sat with Ady. Ady was just waking up when we were leaving. I hated saying bye to her but I knew she didn't need to go and sit at the hospital and see me in so much pain. Mike and I then headed to Enid. But not before stopping at the Jiffy Trip to get something to drink!!! I had 3 contractions before Pond Creek. Which if you know anything about this area you know that's not that far! Since Jessi was going to be in the delivery room with us I had let her know we were on our way in but I'd let her know if they even admitted me. I was still not convinced I was in labor!

Once we got to the hospital things went really fast! First off we get up to the maternity floor and we had to wait in the waiting room for a room to get cleaned. Apparently they had had a surge of laboring women that night and morning!! I know we only had to wait like 10 minutes or so but my goodness that was the longest 10 minutes ever. The contractions were coming less than 5 minutes apart. They got us in a room and got me hooked up to monitors and then checked me. I was at a 6!!!!! UMM HELLO! I was just at a 2! My first words were "Is it to late for an epidural?!" I wanted to go natural. I really really wanted to go into labor naturally. Which I did. I was scheduled for an induction Thurday morning the 24th. The contractions were coming so fast and were so hard that I knew I wouldn't have the gas to get Logan here. The nurse told me they had to get the lab up to do bloodwork and once that came back then they could do the epidural. I just knew it would be too late. They got me moved to a delivery room and I started to feel pressure. I was at an 8! This is all within an hours time. The nurse anesthetist finally got there (whom I have the most respect for). He did my epidural for Ady and is great friends with my Uncle Eddie! It wasn't 20 mintues later that we heard a thud on the monitor and I felt a gush. My water had broke. Dr. had been in early to break my water but I asked him if we could wait until I had my epidural. It was so painful when they broke my water with Ady. He said sure and he went on to see more of his patients! Mike ran and got the nurse and she checked me again and I was complete! So we got to the hospital around 9 am and I started pushing at 10:55!! Logan was born at 11:25. I think I had 6 or 7 sets of pushes.



Logan is healthy and perfect! Big Sister Adylyn is adjusting well and is a great helper. She tells me all the time "I'll take care of Logan so you can go so something!!"She'll sit in her little rocking chair and hold him for a while! She loves it! Mike has been home from work and he's been such a big help! We are really going to miss him when he goes back to work. He went yesterday for the day and Ady sure did miss him! I did too! I didn't get to eat anything for lunch until around 2:30!!



I had problems with my milk coming in. With Ady it was in by the time we left the hospital. Logan wasn't latching on correctly and I think that had alot to do with it. But I pumped every hour for 2 days and it finally came in. I was in so much pain from him not latching on correctly that I continued to pump until I healed up. I tried today to get him to nurse from me and he won't latch on. So it looks like I will be pumping! I swear it's going to drive me crazy! I can go between 3 and 4 hours now. I got quite the supply built up just from storing it the last couple of days!



We as a family are adjusting well. I think Max is the only one starving for attention! I will just be ready to get some sort of schedule/routine established. Logan is up just about every 2 hours at night. Then I get up every 3-4 hours to pump so sleep is a little lacking right now! Thank goodness Mike has been able to get up with him. When he goes back to work I will get up with Logan since he has to get up at 4:30 for work.



I feel great! We were discharged from the hospital the day after Logan was born. We only stayed 1 night! I was able to walk from my delivery room to the room that we stayed in. I still have to watch how much I'm on my feet because my bleeding will get heavier.



The pictures aren't in the order that I wanted them on here but I really don't want to spend the time and arrange them! So here they are!! There are quite a few and I have tons more but I'll spread them out!



Ady introducing Logan to Reese. Reese didn't really know what to think of him!

The night he was born.


Sweet Baby Boy!

Such a happy big sister! She's so proud!



Love his chubby cheeks!



Ady giving Logan his first of his millions kisses!

Our first family photo! So happy!


Ady getting to hold him for the first time

Is he real!!


Here he is!


Sweet baby girl!!!


Ady brought this red dinosaur for Logan. Out of all the animals for her to pick out Nana said this is what she wanted to give him!

Dad showing her Logan. This is her first look at him!

I missed her so much!


Look at all that hair!

His stats..

Looking at his Aunt Jessi! Is this who I could hear out there!!


Like I said I have alot more pictures. Pictures of Logan with all his visitors but I'll break those up into different posts. I'm so glad he's finally here. He just had to do it on his own time and need to be threatened with induction!!

1 comment:

  1. He is precious!! Thanks for sharing all the pictures. Congrats Mommy!! Hope you all are doing well!! Beautiful Family!

    ReplyDelete