Monday, August 9, 2010

Our weekend wrap-up.

We've had a pretty busy weekend. Mike's Aunt Debi and her youngest son Greyson came to town to spend the weekend with us. We haven't seen her in a while so it was so good to catch up with them. They came down Friday night. Friday Mike and I got everything out of Adylyn's room and Mike pulled all the trim off the walls so we can get started on painting and sanding everything. I had been busy last week cleaning out our spare bedroom, which was pretty much our storage room! I had to organize other closets in the house to be able to find a place for everything. It took me a few days and I'm paying for it now! I'll explain all that when I make my post updating my pregnancy. I can't wait to see Ady's room finished. I hope it pulls together like I'm picturing it. I'll post before and after pics when we are finished.

Saturday, Mike got up early and went out to the golf course. Debi, Ady, Greyson, and I went to Enid to spend some time with The Burt's. Debi hasn't seen Brinley since she was born and I'm never gonna pass up time to spend with this sweet baby girl.
Plus her momma and daddy are pretty special people too. Greg and Papa Gene were out getting the race car ready to head to Muskogee to race. We really wanted to go but Mike and I both teach Sunday school classes and it would have been way to late for us to get home. But I cheered in my heart and Team Burt picked up another A Feature Win! WOO HOO!!! Greg is racing in Enid Sunday so we will definitely be making that! After we visited with Greg, Becky, and Brinley we met Jessi and Reese for lunch. I have an amazing sister and I love to spend time with her, and Reese is just the best thing ever! Mike had come in after golfing to eat lunch with us and to make a Lowe's trip. We needed a few more things for Ady's room and some things for the pool. I ended up locking my keys in my car while it was running when we were leaving Lowe's! I'm notorious for locking my keys in my car but I haven't done it since we've had this car. About 30 minutes later Mike had it open. Debi, Ady, Greyson, and I went and continued our shopping and Mike came home and took a nap! We shopped for a few hours and headed home to grill out. We spent Saturday evening just hanging out. Ady and Debi played for a while and I was ready for bed!!!

Sunday we got up and went to sunday school and church then came home and I got homeade chicken noodles put together for supper. Mike finished prepping Ady's room for painting and then we all layed down and took a nap! The evening ended up with a wonderful dinner and some Cowboy football! I hope everyone had a great weekend and has a great week ahead. Remember to say 'I Love You'. You never know when it could be your last!

No comments:

Post a Comment