Monday, August 9, 2010

Week 12 of pregnancy

What's going on with the baby?
The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.

Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long.

Baby's size? size of a large plum. About 2 inches.

Next Dr. Appt? August 18th.

How's Momma Doing:

Weight Gain? My weight fluctuates day to day. I still haven't gained anything though. Not had much of an appetite. Big change from my pregnancy with Adylyn, I gained almost 50 pounds!

Maternity Clothes? Still in regular tops but jeans and shorts have to be maternity. Another big change from Adylyn, I didn't wear maternity until about 6 months with her. The rubberband trick isn't working anymore!

Stretch Marks? No

Sleep? What's that? I don't sleep well at night therefore during the day I'm exhausted. I can't get comfortable plus I have to pee every 2 hours and I am night time training Adylyn.

Foods I am loving? I love big hearty meals, steak, chicken fried steak and all the fixings. And spicy peanuts!

Foods I am hating? McDonald's and not to fond of sweets. Which is odd for me because I have a HUGE sweet tooth.

Movement? Not yet

Symptoms? Exhausted and upset stomach alot. I may smell something and all of a sudden start gagging. I've only vommited a few times through the whole pregnancy but lots of gagging! My stomach rolls all the time and it makes me feel yucky. I also feel thirsty all the time. So I drink alot of water and then I feel bad because I've drank way to much!

What I miss? Having all the energy that I had before. But I wouldn't trade it! I have a wonderful husband and Father to my kids who helps out so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment