Monday, July 26, 2010

Rain and Racing!

We had a great weekend! Our fun actually started Thursday. Ava is back home with her Daddy right now so GiGi brought her over to play with Adylyn. Aunt Linda came to town with Jessi and Reese and Nana, Bubba, Nessa, and Jax came over too. It was so good to see Ady, Ava, and Reese play together. We have missed her. Friday I wasn't feeling so well so Ady and I didn't do too much during the day. I didn't feel like cooking so we went to Los Potros for dinner. Saturday we had plans to go to the Demolition Derby in Caldwell, Ks. They are a blast! I have grown up around dirt track racing. Been going all my life. 2 years ago was my first demolition derby to attend! It was definitely different and a different class of people but we laughed the whole time! Cody brought his boat over so him and Mike could work on it. They are having some problems with the shifting linkage. While they were out working on the boat a storm came in. It had some pretty big lightning and thunders! It was still raining by the time we needed to head to Caldwell for the derby but we just didn't want to sit out in the rain, especially with the kiddos. So we made a command decision (actually Cody and Mike did) and decided to grill out steaks and watch it rain! Jessi, Ryan, and Reese came up (their A/C was broken) and ate with us and stayed the night. The guys played Tiger Woods golf and we hung out around the house.

Let me start out with this pic! Who says Toy Story is for boys?! This little girl LOVES her Buzz and Woody. Ady has never seen an episode of Dora or Diego. Not that I won't let her but she doesn't care. She won't sit and watch ANYTHING but Toy Story and Toy Story 2.

Here is Reese, Ady, and Ava playing.

Does this tell you how much fun they were having!


Sunday was the day I've been looking forward to for a few weeks! RACE DAY! We all got up bright and early to go to Sunday school. Mike teaches the high school class and I teach the toddler class. I love it. They are so much fun! Jessi and Reese go now so that makes it even better! After church we came home, ate lunch and took naps. Nana called and said she made homeade chicken and noodles. I was excited. That is one of my FAVORITE meals! She made butt rolls and mashed potatoes too. We went over and ate an early supper then headed to the race track! I was so happy to be going to watch Greg race. We were threatened by rain a few times and it sprinkled on us for a little bit but that didn't stop us! I love to watch Greg race. He truly is a natural at what he does.



Here is Becky, Greg's wife, and Brinley, their baby girl. Vanessa and Jax, Adylyn and I, and Jessi and Reese. These are the babies in our family! Christmas's are going to be so much fun! Jessi and I have grown up at the race track and I miss going every week!


Reese LOVED watching the cars! He's such a little boy!




Here's Greg coming onto the track for his heat race.


He finished 2nd in his heat race and 6th in the feature. Pretty good night for there being around 25 modifieds there!


This was Ady's face when she realized Greg was out there on the track! She waved at him and cheered him on. The noise bothers her a little bit but I'll make a race girl out of her yet! She was awake and clapping when Greg's feature started but about halfway through I looked down and she was fast asleep on my lap! That's a start! If she can sleep during the races then I think I'll get her whipped into shape in no time!!!! Not only were we at the race track to watch our favorite race car driver but we were there with such great family and friends!
Next weekend we are ALL headed to the lake for the WHOLE weekend. We are roughing it for 3 days! I'm so excited! I hope it goes smoothly with a 2 year old, a 16 month old, and a 7 week old!


No comments:

Post a Comment