Thursday, September 2, 2010

What we've been doing this week...

First off I CAN NOT believe it is already September! This year has flown by! I love this time of the year! There is so much to do outside and I can't wait to get over and see the horses since it's cooled off. I'm ready to drink apple cider and hot chocolate and snuggle in my sweats and sweatshirts (Lord knows that's all I'm going to be wearing this winter HA HA). Adylyn's birthday is fast approaching and so is Christmas. But the one thing that I am VERY excited for is FOOTBALL!!!! I CANNOT wait to spend our Sunday's after church watching NFL and Saturday's watching college ball. I'm a sports nut and can't wait to watch them Cowboys (Dallas that is!) I hope they play better than preseason has gone!


This week has been kinda slow! I have had alot of homework to catch up on so Ady and I haven't really done much. I have also been fighting really bad headaches. I've tried EVERYTHING to figure out what's causing them. Can't find the culprit. I hate to take medicine while I'm pregnant but it does help so I only take it when I absolutely can't take these headaches anymore.

Wednesday nights Mike golfs so Ady and I were on our own for dinner. We decided to make a salad. Ady can stand at the counter for hours with a butter knife, cutting board and something to cut up! She loves to be in the kitchen! She's such a great help! And since I've been the one in the kitchen with her she's very clean about her business!! Proud of her work!
Ok. So I gotta tell you about Max lately. He has always been a very clingy dog. I know he's a 100+ Rottweiler but I really believe that he thinks he's either still a puppy or only weighs 10 pounds. The last couple of weeks he has been by my side or even on my side! I don't know if it's my hormones or what but he senses something. I have heard a couple stories of animals that sense when something is wrong and lay by there owners side. Max has been sleeping right next to me at night and during the day follows me EVERYWHERE!!! He even goes to the bathroom with me and lays by the toilet! I love him to death. He was our first child! But I'm getting tired of stepping over him ALL the time.


Here's Ady giving Max a treat to get him out from underneath me so I can get breakfast going.
He's such a sweet dog!

And here is what we've been doing this week. Ady found the box to her pop out tunnel and it has a tent with it. I've never put the tent up because I didn't want to mess with it really! But she asked me if I would get it out for her so I figured since I had so much homework that it would be a GREAT idea and give her something to do while I was working. She has napped in there and played with her babies and even eaten her snacks. She loves it!

Peeking out!
This is what our living room looks like right now! It's a mess! This would have bothered me a couple of years ago. But I've learned to just let her make her messes and make her clean it up at the end of the day! Saves so many arguments and I don't have the energy right now to be constantly cleaning up after her. But she's very good about cleaning up her toys.

Notice the HUGE pile of babies and baby accessories! Apparently they all needed to experience the tent!
Here she is eating some grapes before she takes a nap!


We hope you all have a great weekend and a safe one. We don't have any plans and I'm loving it! Adylyn's room will be finished this weekend so be on the lookout to see the transformation process! I hope she likes it as much as I think I'm going to! Be safe and be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment