Monday, January 10, 2011

Painting and Royal Time...

Last week Mike worked a TON of hours. I think there may have been 1 day where he got home before 8pm. And he leaves the house by 5am! With Logan coming very soon we have a ton of things to do. Jessi, Ryan, and Reese came up Saturday afternoon to help out. Mike didn't get home from work until around 10:30 that night so I am so glad they came. We also got a call that Cody was heading to Atlanta Sunday morning to work the big snow/ice storm so he was coming home to spend some time with Jax before he left. So we got to see him for a little bit also.

I had been washing baby clothes for about 3 days straight. It was around 15 boxes of baby clothes! Between Reese, Jax, and my friend Lindsey, Logan has PLENTY of clothes! I had just piled all the clothes on the bed in the spare bedroom, which is the nursery now. When Jessi got here we spent about 4 hours in there and sorted all the clothes by sizes and style. Holy cow were we worn out!!! We got it all done though! Reese and Ady hadn't played together in a couple of weeks with everyone being so busy over the holidays so they got in some much needed play time. They played SO good together this weekend. Usually they are fussing and fighting alot, alot like brother and sister! But they must have really missed each other!

Here they are coloring on the front screen door with window crayons and then cleaning it off! My front door looked like hilarious! Reese Joe

I missed this little man!
Sunday morning Jessi, Reese, and I got ready for church. Mike slept in til about 10, he was exhausted! Ady has really missed Mike this last week so she didn't go to church with us. She spent some much needed time tith her Daddy! Mike, Ryan, and Ady went to Enid to get what we needed to paint Logan's room and take the trim off to sand and paint it. We (THEY), started painting around 2 or so. The bedding is a dark brown and blue so we went with the dark brown for the walls, reminds me of chocolate!, and white trim. It looks really good and I can't wait to see it when the trim is finished!
Ryan putting the first strokes on! I trusted Mike and Ryan to pick out the color! I really wanted to have the bedding first so we could match the colors but it just didn't happen that way. But brown is one of those colors that you can have different shades and it still look OK. I think Ryan is saying at this point "Jen, I hope you like it, cause if not, TOO BAD!!!"

Mike and Ryan busy painting! They whipped through these walls really fast!

While Mike, Ryan, and Jessi were in the nursery painting I got in some play time with Reese and Ady! Ady has tons of dress up stuff. I think she has close to 10 pair of high heel shoes!!! Reese LOVES to put on a pair of shoes and try to walk around! He loves to play dress up. Not neccesarily with girly stuff, he just loves to put hats on and any kind of shoes. So Mom and I talked about getting some different hats, ties, and vests for Reese to dress up in.

He tried so hard to walk around but just couldn't do it!

Look at those eye lashes!

2 cute kids in their high heels!

Pretty girl!

And this is the many faces of Reese!

His mean look!

Jessi taping off the shelves in Logan's closet.

They colored at Ady's desk for a long time. They were so quiet in there I began to worry!

These pictures make me laugh! The cozy coupe was the center of entertainment for much of the weekend! Reese loves to drive it! He spent close to 30 minutes Sunday evening trying to put one of Ady's strollers in the car! He tried to put it on the top!
He tried getting in the car first and then pulling it in after him.
So determined!
He tried pushing it in! He ended up getting mad and realized it wasn't going to happen!
Look at those eye lashes!
Sweet boy!
I'm getting the mean look!

Driving the car!
While we were working in the nursery it started to sleet/snow!
Monday, Ady and I had a pretty lazy day. I wasn't feeling very well and had a few contractions in the morning so we just played most of the day. We woke up to quite a bit of snow. Ady really wanted to go play in it but I stepped out and was way to uneasy on my feet so I knew it wouldn't be wise for us to go out. Then in the afternoon it got even colder so there was no way we were going out! Mike left work a little early since the roads were pretty bad north of here and he called at Conway Springs and his alternator had gone out in his truck. So Nana, Ady, and I made a trip up there to get him home!

I don't know if I've ever told you about Gary. Gary is Ady's dog! She named it and treats it like a real dog! She makes sure she takes him out to use the bathroom and she feeds him. We had gone to the mall one afternoon and she left Gary laying on a shelf in Bath and Body. We didn't realize it until we were loading up the car to leave. Vanessa ran inside to trace back our steps and thank goodness she found him. We had one upset little girl on our hands. You would have thought she lost a real child!
Here is proof of Gary getting fed!

Here is what we woke up to Monday morning.

I tried to take a picture of the walls in the nursery to show you the color.

Here you can kinda tell the color. Where you see light brown will be sanded and painted white.

I'm hoping to get some housework done today but so far we've swaddled, fed, and changed babies. It's so cold outside so we will be inside for the day today! Today is Chris's birthday so we will be going to Nana's for lasagna and red velvet cake (Chris's annual birthday dinner)! Happy Birthday Chris! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment