Thursday, March 25, 2010

4 years and counting!

Dancing at our wedding! Happy as can be!
And here we are now! Happy as can be!

Today is Mike and I's 4 year anniversary. I seems like we've been married for alot longer but then it doesn't seem like it's been 4 years! I am so blessed to have him in my life. He came to me when I wasn't looking and it was perfect timing. Man does God know what He's doing, or what?!

I don't know if alot people know how we met or not so I'll just go ahead and tell you! We were both Freshman Fall of 02 at SWOSU in Weatherford. We had a computer class at 8 in the morning together. We sat beside each other all semester and never said a word to each other. I take that back the last few days of class we had to do an assignment were we e-mailed the person sitting next to us. So I think we asked each other for our e-mail addresses and that was it! That was the Fall semester, in the Spring we had Anatomy lecture and lab together. We sat at the same lab table (4 to a table). About a month into class I heard Mike talking with his lab partner about a party that was going on that weekend. I invited myself into the conversation and gave Mike my number and told him to call me if they went out and did anything. He called me and I went to a party with him at one of his friend from high school's apartment. We just continued to talk and hang out like best friends. On February 24, 2003 we made in official and become boyfriend/girlfriend! I remember my Papa Gene telling me he knew I was serious about this guy when I didn't come home one weekend for the races. If you know me that's a HUGE deal.

The reason I know God was at work when he gave me Michael is because in April my parents split up. He put Michael in my life and allowed us to grow together. Mike is truly what got me through that heart wrenching time. I was devastated and Mike was their to pick up the pieces. He wasn't the only one, but I was in Weatherford alone and scared and thank the Lord he was there to help me through it.

We spent 2 summers apart while we each came home to work summer jobs. It was tough! But I'm a firm believer that if you are meant to be together than you'll make it through anything.....even miles!

Mike travels alot with his job so I'm also a huge believer that "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"!

He propsed to me November 5, 2004. We were engaged for a while because I was in PT Assistant school. That time just allowed us to grow closer and learn more about each other. March 25, 2006 we became Husband and Wife. He makes me happier every day that we are together. The only thing better than that happiness is bringing a child into it.

I thank God everyday for blessing me with Michael. He has brought me closer to God and is an amazing Father to Adylyn. I love him with all my heart and so glad I get to spend the rest of my life with him. Thanks for the memories Babe!! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment