Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Mary did you know?


My mom has always told us the Christmas Story and I have grown up hearing all the details. This year I have really began to think of them as real people. Mary and Joseph had a child and they named him Jesus. Just as Mike and I will have a baby boy and we will name him Logan. We have been talking alot about the Christmas Story with Adylyn. She is Mary in our church Christmas program so we have been explaining things to her plus we read the book many times. I love it when she asks questions about "Jesus's mom and dad" and "How did they keep Jesus warm".

Mary Did You Know is probably one of my favorite Christmas songs. The message is so strong.. Being pregnant (and very pregnant) this Christmas season has really got me thinking and reflecting alot. Could I give up my child for God's plan? I like to think that I would give up anything and I think that I would for My God but when it comes to giving my child I just don't know if I could do it. Pretty selfish huh? Mary gave a huge sacrifice. She gave her son to be the Everlasting Father and Prince of Peace. She is my favorite character in the bible. Being a mother, I look to her wisdom and guidance in raising our children. Having a baby boy, we will raise him to be like Jesus. To give his all and to love all. How did Mary feel as an unwed mother carrying a child that she was told would be the Messiah?! Did she take extra special care of him knowing he was so special?

This Christmas season is so special to our family. Family members have asked me what I want for Christmas and I can't think of anything to tell them. I know my mom and sister feel the exact same way (they've told me!!) We have received the best gift the Lord could give us. He brought Cody back to us and we still have our growing family to be thankful for. I praise Him everyday for all the blessings he given us. This year has been full of many blessings and I know he will continue to bless us.

While you are opening presents and eating lots of food please take a moment and reflect on the real reason for the season. JESUS! What has He done for You? Are you thankful? Have you thanked Him? Last Sunday in church we sang a hymn that really sank to my heart and made my smile. One Day the chorus is amazing:
Living, He loved me; dying, He saved me;
Buried, He carried my sins far away;
Rising, He justified freely forever:
One day He's coming—O glorious day!

Isaiah 9:6-7 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 7 Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David’s throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this.

I will forever be indebted to Christ for still having this and having all of this! These people are my rock and my loves. I could not ask for a better family. I am so glad that Adylyn has a special relationship with each and every one of them.


Merry Christmas to each of you and may God continue to bless your lives in the new year to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment